Engenharia Electrotécnica e de Computadores
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Paulo Manuel Machado Coelho
This module aims to provide knowledge of several automatic control systems structures, to develop competences in the design of classical control systems using time invariant linear continuous systems and to analyse stability and performance.
1 ? Control systems introduction. Feedback control and feedforward control. Block Diagram revision.
2 ? Mathematical models of physical systems: Review of translational Mechanical Systems and rotational mechanical systems. DC motor in control systems.
3 ? Time domain analysis, in open and closed loop: transient response, steady state error analysis, stability (Routh/ Nyquist). Higher-order systems approach to lower order systems.
4 ? Controller design, analysis and specification of control systems based on root locus, frequency design, Bode Diagram. Stability criterion.
5 ? PID control: methods of Ziegler-Nichols, pole-placement, etc. Basic techniques of project and compensation.
6 ? Systems analysis in presence of disturbances, delays and several feedback loops. Frequency domain design.
7 ? Digital PID design by emulation method.
Written open-book examination during regular examination seasons(75%) and Practical assignments (25%).
- Franklin, G. e Powell, D. e Emani-Naeini, A. (2006). Feedback Control of Dynamic Systems. USA: Pearson Prentice Hall
- Golnaraghi, F. e Kuo, B. (2003). Automatic Control Systems. USA: John Wiley & Sons
- Ogata, K. (2002). Modern Control Engineering. USA: Prentice-Hall
- Franklin, G. e Workman, M. e Powell, D. (1998). Digital Control of Dynamic Systems. California - USA: Addison-Wesley
Method of interaction
Lectures expositive and demonstrative where the study methods are described and exemplified; theoretical-practical and laboratory-practices lessons where applicationexercises are solved and where laboratory experiments are implemented.
Software used in class
Matlab / Simulink