Electronics and Computer Engineering
6 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 T + 14,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Jorge Manuel Correia Guilherme
Provide knowledge of the main semiconductor devices and circuits. The students will become familiar with matters such as diodes, bipolar and MOS transistors, operational amplifiers, and their main applications.
Semiconductor properties. Diodes, bipolar, MOS and JFET transistor. LED diodes, Hall effect. Rectifiers, limiters, log amplifiers. Single stage transistor amplifiers. Operational amplifiers. Precision rectifiers. Comparators. Oscillators. Digital electronics. Logic gates, microelectronics technology, digital families. Differential pair. Active loads. Current sources. Precision voltage generators.
Written Examination 75%, Practical Works 25%.
Mandatory Practical works 25%
- Silva, M. (1996). Introdução aos circuitos Eléctricos e Electrónicos. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Gulbenkian
- Silva, M. (1999). Circuitos com Transístores Bipolares e MOS. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: Gulbenkian
- Smith, S. (1998). Microelectronic Circuits. (Vol. 1). England: Oxford Press,
- Gray, P. (2001). Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits. (Vol. 1). US: John Wiley & Sons
Method of interaction
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory sessions
Software used in class