Applied Hydraulics II
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 PL
Concepts of Hydraulics I and II
The students should develop skills that will enable them to solve hydrology problems and design water and wastewater engineering building systems.
1. Types of distribution systems
2. Water distribution systems in buildings
3. Hot water production and distribution systems
4. Sewerage and pluvial drainage systems
5. The water cycle and Hydrological basin
7. Surface interception and uptake.
8. Evaporation and total loss
9. Surface runoff. Rainfall-runoff models
10. Erosion and sedimentation
Practical assignments and written examination.
Written examination with minimum grade of 40% in each component (theoretical and practical).
- Lencastre, A. e Franco, F. (2010). Lições de hidrologia. Lisboa: Fundação da Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
- Pedroso, V. (2000). Manuel dos Sistemas Prediais de Distribuição e Drenagem de Águas. Lisboa: LNEC
- Mays, L. e Maidment, D. e Chow, V. (1988). Applied Hydrology. New York: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Theoretical classes with presentation of concepts and practical
classes with problem analysis and solving.
Software used in class