TeSP - Automação Industrial
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 52,50 TP
Students should be able to:
- Use a set of oral and written skills in several communication situations.
-Comprehend and produce written texts according to structure and grammar rules.
- Correctly recognize and apply specific vocabulary in the Industrial Automation area.
1. Daily life use of the English language.
1.1. Daily communicatiion
1.2. Informal correspondence
2. The world of work
2.1. Formal correspondence
2.2. Work and motivation
3.1. What is the internet
3.2 What can one do on the ingternet
3.3. Hackers, viruses and identity theft
3.4. Antivirus software
3.5. Preventative measures
4.3. Measurements and conversions
4.4. Safety at work
1. articles, determiners and pronouns
5. adjectives and adverbs
Oral and written work done in class (20%) + Written test (60%) + Oral presentation (20%)
- Lindsley, M. e Farrall, C. (2008). Professional English in Use . United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press
- , . e Hollett, V. e Sydes, J. (2009). Tech Talk. United Kingdom: Oxford University Press
- Redman, S. (1997). English Vocabulary in Use-pre intermediate and intermediate. United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press
- O'Dell, F. e McCarthy, M. (1997). English Vocabulary in Use-upper intermediate and advanced. United Kingdom: Cambridge University Press
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical classes in which students should develop listening, reading and writing skills through simulations and comprehension exercises.
Software used in class