Industrial Management and Planning
Mestrado em Tecnologia Quimica
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Natércia Maria Ferreira dos Santos
Students should be able to:
- Relate the production function with other functional areas of the company;
- Understand and apply the fundamental models and techniques in planning and production management.
1. Historical perspective of the evolution of production systems and production function.
2. Factors of competitiveness: cost, time, quality, innovation, flexibility and environment.
3. Engineering methods and process design. SMED - Single Minute Exchange of Die. Layouts.
4. Production planning.
Theoretical component: written test. Theorical-practical component: literature review work
Final grade is the average of the two components. Minimum pass mark minimum is 10 (out of 20) in both components.
- Courtois, A. e Pillet, M. e Martin-Bonnefous, C. (2007). Gestão da Produção. Lisboa: Lidel
- Ribeiro, J. e Roldão, V. (2007). Gestão das Operações - Uma abordagem integrada. Lisboa: Monitor
Method of interaction
Lectures. Theoretical-practical classes: case studies and practical exercises.
Software used in class