Methods of Intervention in Building Structures
Master's degree in Urban Rehabilitation
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Cristina Margarida Rodrigues Costa
On completion of this unit students will be able to analyse and understand the methods of intervention, rehabilition, reinforcement and consolidation of built structures, identify the most appropriate solutions and calculate reinforcements.
1 General concepts. 2 Methods of intervention in structures. 2 Design of structural reinforcements for traditional buildings of masonry walls and wood floors and for reinforced concrete structures.
Assessment consists of a written exam (60%) with a minimum grade of 9 and a practical group assignment (40%).
- Freitas, V. (2006). 2º Encontro nacional sobre patologia e reabilitação de edifícios. Porto: FEUP
- Appleton, J. (2003). Reabilitação de edifícios antigos. Lisboa: Orion
- FIB, . (1991). Guide to good practice: Repair and strengthening of structures. London: Thomas Telford
- Costa, A. (2005). A intervenção no património. Práticas de conservação e reabilitação. Porto: FEUP
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by case study analysis. Practical classes focused on structural calculations and resolution of specific problems.
Software used in class