On-site Management and Coordination
Master's degree in Urban Rehabilitation
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP
- Luis Filipe Rocha de Almeida
Provide an overview of the construction process, the various players involved, the preparatory stages, the technical activities underpinned by management strategies and also urban regeneration related issues.
Introduction to the management of construction rehabilitation projects. The interface between project and work. Characterisation of the construction works for rehabilitation. Perspectives and trends of the rehabilitation sector in Portugal. A synthesis of the construction process for reahabilitation: stages and main tasks, players and roles, the Portuguese reality ? diagnosis, weaknesses and remedial action. Objectives, principles, scope, work plan, funding mechanisms and roles of the various players involved in the process. Design and Project. Introduction to project management techniques. Construction quality - aspects specific to building rehabilitation.
Final grade is the average of an assignment (75%) and a written exam (25%).
- Abrantes, V. (1994). Qualidade na construção. Porto: Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto
- Decreto-Lei nº 18/2008.(2008, 29 de janeiro). Diário da República Portuguesa, pp. 753-852.
- Lei nº 60/2007.(2007, 4 de setembro). Diário da República Portuguesa, pp. 6258-6309.
- Lei nº 31/2009.(2009, 3 de julho). Diário da República Portuguesa, pp. 4276-4285.
Method of interaction
An introduction to the general concepts of the course supported, as possible, by illustrative material. Case studies and seminars. Written assignments based on case studies.
Software used in class