Conservação e Restauro Aplicada
Mestrado em Conservação e Restauro
ECTS; º Ano, , 0,0 T + 0,0 PL + 0,0 TP + 0,0 P + 0,0 TC + 0,0 S + 0,0 E + 0,0 OT + 0,0 O
On completion of this unit students should have developed a good degree of autonomy in conservation and restoration and be able to diagnose, examine, identify and record movable and immovable assets. Make proposals for intervention and prepare conservation and restoration reports.
1. Speciality definition: Graphic Documents, Petrous Materials, Ceramic materials, Sculpture,Easel painting and Furniture.
2. Laboratory operation
3. Definition and development of a methodology for action
4. Conservation and restoration actions in movable and immovable cultural assets.
5. Preparation of a report.
6. Seminar in C&R and
Theoretical-practical assessment includes a written essay (20%).
Laboratory assessment includes class project work and final report (80%).
Minimum pass grade is 10/20 calculated as weighted average.
- AAVV, . (2001). As rochas dos monumentos portugueses ? tipologias e patologias. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: IPPAR
- Ferreira, I. (2009). Azulejos tradicionais de fachada em Ovar: Contributos para uma metodologia de conservação e restauro. Ovar: Câmara Municipal de Ovar
- Brandi, C. (1988). Teoría de la Restauración. Madrid: Alianza Editorial
- Serrão, V. e Figueira, L. e Almada, C. (2000). História e restauro da pintura do retábulo-mor do Mosteiro dos Jerónimos. Lisboa: IPPAR
Method of interaction
Lectures and seminars with invited experts and field trips. Laboratory classes focused on the production of conservation and restoration projects.
Software used in class