Master's degree in Prehistoric Archaeology and Rock Art
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 7,0 T + 12,0 TC + 8,0 S
The students should understand the the concept of hunters-gatherers and behavioural changes in prehistoric hunters-gatherers and be able to interpret and evaluate the possible behaviour models of prehistoric hunters-gatherers.
Hunters-gatherers:an analysis category in Anthropology and Archaeology?
- Behavioural ecology of hunters-gatherers.
- The different lifestyles (examples).
- Gamble, C. (2001). Hunter-Gatherers: An Interdisciplinary Perspective. (Vol. 1). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Binford, L. (1999). The Palaeolithic Societies of Europe. (Vol. 1). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- BUZTER, K. (2001). Constructing Frames of Reference. (Vol. 1). NovaYork: University of California Press
- AA, V. (1982). Archaeology as human ecology. (Vol. 1). Cambridge: Cambridge Univ. Press
Method of interaction
Traditional lecturing method.
Software used in class