Master's degree in Prehistoric Archaeology and Rock Art, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 17071/2009 - 23/07/2009
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 7,0 TP + 12,0 TC + 8,0 S
- Hermínia Maria Pimenta Ferreira Sol
At the end of the semester, students should be able to:
- recognize and articulate the sounds of the Portuguese phonetic system;
- master basic Portuguese lexicon;
- write and utter semi-complex sentence structures;
- to hold conversations of instrumental value.
Recognize language structures for expressing greetings, introductions, nationality and job statements;
Locate and describe spaces;
sentence structures: sentence structure and sentence relations;
Nouns and adjectives; variable and invariable demonstrative pronouns; adverbs of place and time; personal pronouns;
Synonyms and opposites;
Class participation (20%) + Written activities in class (25%) + Written test (55%)
- Alarcão, J. (1996). Para uma Conciliaçao das Arqueologias. (Vol. ___). (pp. ___-___). Lisboa: Afrontamento
- Hutchinson, A. e Lloyd, J. (2006). Portuguese: An Essential Grammar. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Nova Iorque: Routledge
- Pinto, A. (2011). Contemporary Portugal: politics, society and culture. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Nova Iorque: Columbia Univ. Press.
Method of interaction
Practical and theoretical classes.
On-site classes will favour the production of several assignments (oral and written) with resource to specific apps and software, so as to better apprehend the specificities of the English language.
Software used in class
Português de Portugal Podcasts: https://www.portuguesefromportugal.com/articles