Financial Information and Business Performance
Master's degree in Auditing and Financial Analysis
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 32,0 TP
Have a good command of Financial Analysis, Financial Accounting and Management Accounting techniques.
Students will be able to analyse and evaluate companies based on their financial statements and other relevant information, use performance evaluation tools and techniques and explain different approaches for assessing business performance.
2) Financial statements as a source of information.
3) Instruments and techniques for the analysis of financial statements
4) Strategic approach to communication and dissemination of information about the company's performance.
5) Metrics for performance evaluation.
6) Information about business performance and capital cost.
7) Responsibility, sustainability and growth.
Presentation and discussion of their practical project work with peers + critical analysis of a scientific paper.
- Penman, S. (2010). Financial Statement Analysis and Security Valuation. New York, USA: McGraw-Hill
- Lynch, R. e Cross, K. (1991). Measure Up! The Essential Guide to Measuring Business Performance. London, UK: Mandarin
- Norton, D. e Kaplan, R. (1996). The Balanced Scorecard: Translating Strategy Into Action. Boston, Massachusetts, EUA: Harvard Business School Press
- Eccles, R. e Herz, R. e Keegan, E. e Philips, D. (2001). The ValueReporting Revolution. New York, USA: John Wiley and Sons
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by case study analysis and resolution. Presentation and discussion of the assignments carried out by students.
Software used in class