Accounting and Auditing in the Public Sector
Master's degree in Auditing and Financial Analysis
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 41,0 TP
At the end of the course students should: understand the activity developed by the public sector and understand its legal, regulatory and accounting framework.
Enable students to understand the financial statements of a business organization.
2. Public sector budget
3. Internal and external control
4. Study of official public accounting plans
5. Auditing standards for the public sector
6. Types and methods of public sector auditing
7. The main public sector audit institutions in Portugal.
Attending classes Resolution of practical cases ?On going? assessment (by frequency).
- Alves, G. e Batista da Costa, C. (2011). Casos práticos de auditoria financeira. Lisboa: Rei dos Livros
- Batista da Costa, C. (2014). Auditoria Financeira - Teoria e Prática. Lisboa: Rei dos Livros
- Beasley, M. e Elder, R. e Arens, A. (2012). Auditing and assurance services - an integrated approach. NYC: Prentice Hall
Method of interaction
Lectures and study of real cases
Software used in class