On-line Learning and Virtual Communities
Mestrado em Museus, Património e Sociedade do Conhecimento, Publication in the Diário da República - Acta n.º72 CE CC ESGT
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 23,0 T + 9,0 TP + 9,0 OT
a) Provides a reflection on the capabilities and constraints of using e-learning modalities;
b) Explores different tools to support the teaching and learning in the field of e-Learning;
c) Understands the notions of platform, LMS, CMS, forum, web conference, free software.
1. Online learning: potential and constraints
2. Software tools to support online teaching and learning
3. E-learning by Free Software
4. The Moodle platform
5. Web conference: the BigBlueButton
6. Web 2.0
7. Social networks and virtual communities
For the final classification both the
practical problems implementation reports and the resolution of the exercises will be accounted.
- Marques, C. e Carvalho, A. (2009). Contextualização e Evolução do e-Learning: Dos Ambientes de Apoio à ----Aprendizagem às Ferramentas da Web 2.0. (Vol. 1). Braga: Centro de Competência da Universidade do Minho
- Mason, R. (2008). E-learning and social networking handbook: resources for higher education. (Vol. 1). New York: Routledge
- Figueira, A. e Figueira, C. (2009). Moodle: criação e gestão de cursos online. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: FCA
- Barab, S. e Kling, R. e Gray, J. (2004). Designing for virtual communities in the service of learning. (Vol. 1). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
Method of interaction
The organization of the course provides exposure of the syllabus in theoretical classes, which will also involve
cases study. The exploitation of IT tools will be made in laboratory classes.
Software used in class