Mestrado em Museus, Património e Sociedade do Conhecimento, Publication in the Diário da República - Acta n.º72 CE CC ESGT
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 6,0 T + 45,0 TP
a) To provide the students with the understanding abilities and inherent knowledge in management of cultural
heritage collections; b)To recognise the policies implemented in museums; c)To implement and manage the information adjusted to conservation of collections; d)To identify means of monitoring.
1. Introduction to the concept of collections management and to applicable national legislation;
2. Analysis of policies implemented in collections management and in preservation and conservation processes;
3. Means and procedures applied in collections conservation;
4. Risk assessment techniques, means and procedures for mitigation of harmful events;
5. Case studies.
Individual work and group-oriented research (50% for each).
- Sanchez, L. (1996). Climatologia y medio ambiente. (Vol. 1). Barcelona: Universitat de Barcelona
- Fernandez, L. (2002). Introducción a la nueva museología. (Vol. 1). Madrid: Alianza Editorial
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons in the classroom and in conservation and restoration laboratories; field trips;
debates with conservation and restoration specialists; presentation of topics by students, individually or in groups.
Software used in class