Seminar: Creativity and Innovation
Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 1887/2016 - 05/02/2016
3 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 S + 15,0 OT
Students should be able to:
- Define organizational creativity, innovation, learning and change.
- Describe the process of creativity.
- Describe the process of organizational innovation.
- Describe the organizational learning process.
- Describe the process of organizational change.
- Identify the importance and competitive advantage of creativity and innovation.
- Identify tools that promote creativity.
At the end of the course students should know how to use and foster creativity and encourage innovation in the organization.
1. Individual and organizational creativity:
2. Organizational innovation:
3. Organizational learning:
4. Organizational change:
- Barriers and management strategies.
5. In terms of innovation and creativity, they must follow the 11th SDG, which calls for inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable cities and communities.
Periodic assessment: Two group work: interview (20%) and presentation of a prototype of a product, service or case study (80%).
Students with a grade equal to or higher than 10 are exempt from the exam in the periodic evaluation.
Assessment in exam, at the time established in the academic calendar.
- De Bono, E. (2012). Creatividad - 62 ejercicios para desarrollar la mente. Espanha: Paidós
- Marina, E. e José António, M. (2013). El Aprendizaje de La Creatividad. Espanha: Ariel
- Clegg, B. (2016). Instant Creativity. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-183). London: Kogan Page
- Bridges, C. (2016). In Your Creative Element. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-257). London: Kogan Page
- Ussmane, M. (2013). Inovação e Criatividade - Manual do desenvolvimento de produto. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Method of interaction
The teams of students collect data for a job, in the classroom environment, about each theme of the curricular unit's content, and ask the teacher for guidance in their research, to achieve the proposed objectives.
Software used in class
Students can use any and all software to perform their work.