Seminar: Creativity and Innovation
Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 1887/2016 - 05/02/2016
3 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 S + 15,0 OT
Students should be able to:
- Define organizational creativity, innovation, learning and change.
- Describe the process of creativity.
- Describe the process of organizational innovation.
- Describe the organizational learning process.
- Describe the process of organizational change.
- Identify the importance and competitive advantage of creativity and innovation.
- Identify tools that promote creativity.
At the end of the course students should know how to use and foster creativity and encourage innovation in the organization.
1. Individual and organizational creativity:
2. Organizational innovation:
3. Organizational learning:
4. Organizational change:
- Barriers and management strategies.
Periodic assessment: Two group work: interview (30%) and presentation of a prototype of a product, service or case study (70%).
Exam Assessment: written test in pre-defined periods.
- De Bono, E. (2012). Creatividad - 62 ejercicios para desarrollar la mente. Espanha: Paidós
- José António, M. e Marina, E. (2013). El Aprendizaje de La Creatividad. Espanha: Ariel
- Clegg, B. (2016). Instant Creativity. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-183). London: Kogan Page
- Bridges, C. (2016). In Your Creative Element. (Vol. 1). (pp. 1-257). London: Kogan Page
Method of interaction
With the lecturers supervision, the student teams collect data for an assignment in classroom context on a topic discussed in the course.
Software used in class
Students can use any and all software to perform their work.