Human Resources Management and Organisational Behaviour
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 15,0 OT
Students should be able to understand the differences of values in societies and their consequences in terms of management, organizations and organizational behavior in different cultures. Acting in the global arena poses challenges to the management of people that do not occur in a national context
1. Understand the trends of our time and your impact on management: trends for globalization and globalization trends. Acceleration of globalization. The chain of causes and effects.
2. Identify the main sources and problems of intercultural encounters.
3. The internationalisation of Portuguese companies.
4. HRM in internationalized companies.
5. Geographical mobility.
6. Management of expatriates.
7. HRM systems in situation of expatriation.
8. Intrapersonal and international management career.
9. Presentation of case studies in multinational organizations, Multicultural Management.
Continuous evaluation: elaboration and defense of a group work based on a scientific article or a frequency. Students who have a grade of 10 or more, or in the frequency or group work, are exempt from the examination.
- Cunha, M. e Rego, A. (2009). Gestão Multicultural. Lisboa: Editora RH
- Finuras, P. (2011). Gestão Intercultural - Pessoas e Carreiras na Era da Globalização. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Silva, V. e Reis, F. (2014). Capital Humano - Temas para uma boa gestão das organizações. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Martins, J. (2011). Internacionalização e Globalização de Empresas. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
Method of interaction
At UC Multicultural Management, emphasis is given to scientific and practical work, which will allow a better understanding of theoretical knowledge and, at the same time, provide students with the tools to face the solution of real problems.
Software used in class