Introduction to Business Administration
Business Administration, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 3393/2016 - 04/03/2016
ECTS; º Ano, , 0,0 T + 0,0 PL + 0,0 TP + 0,0 P + 0,0 TC + 0,0 S + 0,0 E + 0,0 OT + 0,0 O
Provide an introduction to the different management concepts and present case studies. Upon completion of course students should have acquired good management foundations.
1. What is an organization?
2. Objective-Based Administration
3. The Production Function
4. The Financial Function
5. The Commercial Function
6. The Human Resources Function
Mid-term test (100%). A final exam (100%) for the students failing continuous assessment.
Method of interaction
- Current issues and case study discussion according to course content;
- Examples, exercises and oral and written applications with a view to improving comprehension and learning;
- Analysis of assignments on the topics proposed.
Software used in class