Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL
- Nuno José Valente Lopes Madeira
The students should acquire computer basics and inherent transactions, be able to carry out a computer project, to develop, use and apply Fortran language code, use the Excel spreadsheet and the Octave environment for nummeric calculations.
Basic Concepts of Information Technology. How to develop an IT project: 1. Thinking / Perceiving the statement 2. Strategy and Planning (algorithms), 3. Development (C. Excel and Octave) 4. Exploration of the developed environment 5. Maintenance and continuous improvement. Develop code in C and use Octave subroutines.
- Damas, L. Linguagem C. .: FCA - Editora de Informática
- Kernigan, B. e Ritchie, D. The C Programming Language. .: Prentice-Hall
- Hanselman, D. e Littlefield, B. (2001). Mastering Matlab 6 - A Comprehensive Tutorial and Reference. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall
- Eaton, J. Gnu Octave Manual. .: Network Theory
Method of interaction
Lectures and teamwork.
Software used in class