Applied Mechanics II
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 TP + 3,50 OT
- Fernando Manuel Lino Gonçalves Antunes
This course is organised into two parts:
- The first part (a follow-up of Applied Mechanics I) deals with static mechanics including analysis of external forces on structures and machines, friction and inertia.
- The second part deals with kinematics
1. Forces on beams, structures and machines
3. Moments of inertia
4. Kinematics of rigid bodies
5. Planar motion of rigid bodies
Two tests (50% + 50%) or exam (100% of final grade)
- Beer, F. e Johnston, R. (2011). Mecânica Vectorial para Engenheiros (Estática). Brasil: McGraw-Hill.
- Beer, F. e Johnston, R. (2012). Mecânica Vectorial para Engenheiros (Dinâmica). Brasil: McGraw Hill
Method of interaction
Lectures and tutorials
Software used in class