Mathematical Analysis III
5 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 4,50 OT
- Maria Helena Morgado Monteiro
Mathematical Analysis I and Mathematical Analysis II.
Extend students' knowledge about the differential and integral calculus so they can formulate, analyze and solve problems which are related to:
a) The effect of vector fields in the movement of particles.
b) The behavior of physical phenomena when their variation rates and restrictions are known;
1. Vectorial calculus - vectorial functions, line integrals, surface integrals;
2.Differential equations ? first-order differential equations and linear differential equations of order n, Laplace?s transform, linear differential equations systems.
Mid-term assessment: two tests (0-20 points, with a minimum of 6 points);
Final assessment: written exam (0-20 points).
Students pass if they obtain a minimum grade of 10 points (out of a 0-20 scale).
- Monteiro, H. (2016). Apontamentos de Análise Matemática III. Abrantes: ESTA
- Stewart, J. (2002). Cálculo. (Vol. II). São Paulo: Pioneira Thomson Learning
- Zill, D. (2001). Equações Diferenciais. (Vol. I). São Paulo: Makron Books
- Larson, R. e Hostetler, R. e Edwards, B. (2006). Cálculo. (Vol. II). São Paulo: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Worksheets solved in class under the teacher's supervision.
Software used in class