6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 42,0 PL + 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT + 5,0 O
- Luís Miguel Lopes de Oliveira
1. Identify and correlate the support mechanisms for unicast and multicast communications.
2. Identify the routing requirements for inter-AS and intra-AS routing protocols.
3. Implement routing solutions for inter-AS and intra-AS environments.
4. Identify the lower layers services for broadcast and multiaccess networks.
5. Identify the main requirements and most suitable topologies for local data networks.
6. Correlate the ethernet family protocols.
7. Implement solutions to support local area network infrastructures.
1. Unicast and multicast routing.
2. Intra and Inter AS routing.
3. Data link layer (error detection and correction, medium access control)
4. LAN requirements
5. The ethernet protocol family.
6. Physical link layer for LAN.
Individual or group laboratory assignments (40%)
Witten test/exam (60%)
Minimum requirements: 7 marks in the theoretical component and 10 marks in the practical component.
- Forouzan, B. (2006). Data Communications & Networking. .: McGraw-Hill
- Ross, K. e Kurose, J. (2005). Computer Networking. .: Addison Wesley
- Perlman, R. (1999). Interconnections: Bridges, Routers, Switches, and Internetworking Protocols. .: Addison Wesley
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical classes, based on real problems. Practical laboratory classes for the development of small-projects.
Software used in class