5 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL
- Fernando Manuel Lino Gonçalves Antunes
Soil Mechanics 1 and 2, Surveying and Physics
Basic knowledge of design and construction of roads, road geotechnics, traffic analysis, geometric layout, calculation of land volumes and earthworks, drainage and paving.Students will be able to analyse and draw up a project and follow minor roadworks.
An overview of road projects. Traffic Analysis.Traffic conditions. Track alignment. Longitudinal road profiles. Consistent road profiles. Transversal road profiles. Earthworks. Road Geotechnics. Road paving. Road drainage.
Ongoing assessment: compulsory assignment: design of a road between 1 and 2 km long.
Pass requirement:minimum 2.5 in the theoretical part of module.
Exam assessment: written test (75%)
Practical assignment: (25%)
- Branco, F. e Santos, L. (1999). Vias de Comunicação. (Vol. I). Coimbra: Departamento de Engenharia Civil, FCTUC
- JAE, -. (1994). Normas de Traçado. (Vol. -). Almada: Junta Autónoma de Estradas
- Branco, F. e Santos, L. e Capitão, S. (1998). Vias de Comunicação. (Vol. II). Coimbra: Departamento de Engenharia Civil, FCTUC
- Santos, L. e Pereira, P. e Branco, F. Pavimentos rodoviários. (Vol. -). Coimbra: Almedina
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by exercises. Technical road project. Field trips.
Software used in class