Contemporary Photography Thinking 2
6 ECTS; 3º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 S + 5,0 OT
- Nuno Miguel de Sousa Vieira
The students should have an understanding of how photography evolved across time and its impact on contemporary thought, culture and art.
They should gain critical and analysis skills in order to view photography as a photographic corpus.
Photography and cinema. Video art. Fiction and reality, the photographic construction. Analogies and appropriations in contemporary photography. Photography and the Installation.The context and its value and symbolic reading.
Realization of 1 theoretical work of individual choice (50%) and response to two theoretical / practical exercises proposed by the teacher (25% each).
- Ardenne, P. (2006). Un arte contextual ? Creación artística en médio urbano, en situación, de intervención, de participación. Murcia: cendeac
- Danto, A. (2006). Apos o fim da arte, a arte contemporanea e os limites da historia. Sao Paulo: EDUSP
- DOHERTY, C. (2009). Situation. Massachusetts:: Whitechapel Gallery - The MIT Press
- BARTHES, . (2003). A camara clara.. Lisboa: Vega
Method of interaction
This course will be organized according to the seminar methodology. Which will be presented via the net, promoting a critical discussion of the content presented.
Software used in class