4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Rui Manuel Domingos Gonçalves
Basic knowledge of geometrical optics.
The students should be able to deal with problems and solve them for obtaining quality optical systems used in photography.
1-The role of lenses in photography.
2-Requirements for Optical photography.
3-The formation of images using simple optical systems.
4-The formation of images using compound lens systems - its performance.
5-Geometric and colour aberrations.
6-The speed of lenses.
7-Stray light in the images.
8-Resolving power of lenses and imaging systems.
9-Depth of field and depth of focus.
Students are evaluated by their performance in class and written tests at the end of the semester.
- F. Ray, S. (1994). Photographic - Lenses & Optics. New York: Focal Press
- F. Ray, S. (1994). Technology & Imaging Science. New York: Focal Press
- F. Ray, S. (2002). Applied Photographic Optics. New York: Focal Press
- Gonçalves, R. (2015). Sebenta de Óptica Aplicada - Foto. ESTT-IPT: UDMF-ESTT-IPT
Method of interaction
Lectures exploring the concepts related with the construction of quality images.
Software used in class