Conservation and Restoration
4.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT
- Manuel Alberto Nogueira Henriques Rosa
The students should be able to describe chemical balances (acid-base, coordination and oxid-reduction)and identify these phenomena in artifacts and cultural property.
Chemical balance. Acids and bases. Salts, metal complexes, oxidation and reduction.
Final theoretical examination. Technical reports.
Minimum pass mark in each component: 10/20.
The final classification is the weighted average between the theoretical and practical evaluations (0,7 T + 0,3 P)
- Wolbers, R. (2000). Cleaning Painted Surfaces: Aqueous methods. London: Archetype Publications
- Moles, A. e Matteini, M. (1989). La Chimica nel Restauro. Roma: Nardini Ed.
- Antunes, J. (2016). Apontamentos de Quimica 2. Tomar: IPT
- Eastop, D. (1998). Chemical Principles of Textile Conservation. Oxford: Butterworth
Method of interaction
Lectures, tutorials and laboratory classes.
Software used in class