Health and Safety at Work
TeSP - Instalações Elétricas e Manutenção Industrial
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 37,50 TP
Instruct the students of information that allows to implement preventive behaviors guaranteeing them the future profession in accordance with the best practice of health and safety at work, particularly in industrial electrical installations.
1. Introduction to Health and Safety at Work.
2. Organization and Prevention in Business Management.
3. Ergonomics of workplaces.
4. Noise in the Local and Workstations.
5. Risk Analysis and Prevention at Work.
6. Personal Protective Equipment and Collective.
7. Introduction to Electrical Risks.
8. Electrical Currents and the Human Body.
9. Risk contact Mains.
10. Consequences of Direct and Indirect contacts in different regimes of Neutral.
11. Protective measures Practices.
12. Electric Origin of Fire.
13. Special Risks.
Written examination (first attempt or re-sit) with a minimum pass mark of 9.5 out of 20.
- Macedo, R. (2006). Manual de Higiene do Trabalho na Industria. Lisboa: Edições da Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- Sérgio Miguel, A. (2012). Manual de Higiene e Segurança do Trabalho. Porto: Porto Editora
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical sessions intended to further develop theoretical concepts with the support of real-world cases and exercise-solving as well as field trips.
Software used in class