TeSP - Design Multimédia
5.5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Rui Miguel Sardinha Proença
Basic knowledge of computer and digital imaging.
Students should learn the key tools and concepts in the field of electronic text processing and vector drawing and be able to apply them to graphic design and technology.
- Introduction to Informatics.
- Creation and edition of a text file using letterpress printing rules.
- Digital imaging; distinction between bitmap and vector images.
- Edition and production of vector images.
- The work space. Definition of the document.
- Introduction and familiarization with the operational program toolbox.
- Design by paths and predefined shapes - Creation and manipulation of paths.
- Transformation, distortion and fusion of objects.
- Use of color and gradients.
- Modes, models and systems of colors.
- Types of files.
- Preparation of originals for different types of use.
Ongoing assessment: 2/3 attendance. Exempt from taking exam:mimimum mark of 10/20. Practical assignments. Excluded from final assessment: 2/3 attendance and <10 assignments.
Final assessment: 2/3 attendance. Final practical examination.
- LÉLIS, C. (2009). Illustrator CS3 & CS4 - Curso Completo. Lisboa: FCA - Editora de Informática, Lda.
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2010). Adobe Illustrator CS5: Classroom in a book. New Jersey: Adobe Press
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2012). Adobe Illustrator CC Classroom in a Book. New Jersey: Adobe Press
- Adobe Creative Team, . (2012). Adobe Illustrator CS6: Classroom in a book. New Jersey: Adobe Press
Method of interaction
Lectures supported by audiovisual resources.
Execution of practical exercises throughout the semester.
Document creation, edition and preparation.
Software used in class