Multimedia Design I
TeSP - Design Multimédia, Publication in the Diário da República - Aviso n.º 1895/2018 - 12/02/2018
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 60,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Rui Miguel Sardinha Proença
1. Design and implement websites.
2. Conduct design studies.
3. Develop skills in specific webdesign software.
4. Deliver a webdesign project with the use of Html and CSS.
1. Introduction to HTML and the first syntaxes
a) Placement of text and images on web pages;
b) Internal, external link and email links;
c) Regular or irregular Tables and their properties.
2. Introduction to CSS language
a) Css internal, external or imported;
b) Properties and attributes of each tag;
c) Sub-classes and pseudo-classes.
3. Getting Started with Dreamweaver
a) Creating a Website: site layout and structure;
b) Insert text and images. Their properties;
c) Create the layout with tables: properties.
d) Create the layout with frames. And also, inline frames;
e) Introduction of CSS in Dreamweaver;
f) Navigation bar: creating links;
g) Templates and their importance.
h) The forms for the web;
i) The introduction of audio and video in a web page;
4. Webdesign project
a) Project definition:
- The definition of objectives, target and content selection;
- Defining the project in webdesign: data collection;
- Competitive analysis as a projetual instrument.
b) Developing the structure of a website:
- Collecting and analysing content;
- Organizing the site structure;
- Definition of layout and navigation.
c) Design studies in a webdesign project:
- Color on the web: websafe hexadecimal scale and palette;
- Color schemes;
- Typography for the web;
- Image formats for the web;
- Image galleries for the web;
- The style guide.
Assessment consists in the following:
1) Ex 1 - website projecto - Weighting (40%)
2) Ex 2 - website production - Weighting (60%)
Students who fail do deliver the two exerceises in mid-term can do it in the final.
- KENTIE, P. Web Design, tools and techniques.. (pp. 1-436). USA: Peachpit Press
- PRING, R. (2000). WWW Color. (pp. 1-192). New York: Watson-Guptill Publications
- PRING, R. (2000). www type. (pp. 1-192). USA: Watson-Guptill Publications
- GLENWRIGHT, J. (2000). WWW Layout. (pp. 1-192). USA: Watson-Guptill Publications
Method of interaction
1. Theoretical classes comprising content exploration and presentation of case studies.
2. Lab sessions including practical exercises and project monitoring.
Software used in class