TeSP - Construção e Reabilitação
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 TP
Students should be able to
- identify the different types of building materials with regard to manufacturing process, properties and applications
- identify the standards and documents concerning the application of materials as well as quality control procedures
- select materials
1 ? Introduction to building materials;
2 ? Natural stones;
3 ? Earth as building material;
4 ? Mineral binders;
5 ? Ceramics;
6 ? Glass;
7 ? Wood and wood based materials;
8 ? Steel and non-ferrous metals;
9 ? Polymeric materials (paints, varnishes, plastics and bituminous materials);
10 ? Composite materials.
Written test (65%) and a research assignment (35%).
Written test includes theoretical and practical components and minimum pass mark is 9.5/20.
The research assignment is based on a selected topic.
- , .(2010). Manual de Alvenaria de Tijolo. Coimbra: APICER
- , .(2010). A Sustentabilidade dos Materiais de Construção. Guimarães: TecMinho
- , .(2002). Materiais Plásticos para a Construção Civil. Lisboa: LNEC
- , .(2005). Matriais Compósitos de Matriz Polimérica Reforçada com Fibras usados na Engenharia Civil. Lisboa: LNEC
Method of interaction
Lectures making use of illustrative examples. Problem solving.
Field trips and technical sessions.
Software used in class