Field and laboratory techniques
Pós-Graduação em Arqueologia Subaquática
4 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 15,0 TP
- Alexandra Águeda de Figueiredo
Understanding necessary to carry out fieldwork (land or underwater) and laboratory activities means.
And knowing how to apply the necessary to the study and preservation of archaeological techniques, either in situ or in transport and processing in the laboratory.
1. Logistics and planning
3.The team and working techniques
6.Transport material to the surface
7.Preservation and material handling in the laboratory
8.Mesures, location on the surface and underwater
9.Drawing of structures and materials
10. Underwater fotography structures and materials
Two evaluation periods (frequency and examination)
Practical examination in the field and laboratory.
The student is approved obtaining a grade equal to or greater than 9.5
- Muckelrov, K. (1978). "Maritime archaeology.". Cambridge University : Cambridge University Press
- Delgado, J. (1997). British Museum Encyclopaedia of Underwater and Maritime Archaeology, . London: British Museum Press
- Withgott, J. (2007). Environment: the science behind the stories. San Francisco.: Pearson Benjamin Cummings,
Method of interaction
Essentially practical lessons.
Distance learning, through classroom and e-learning/Wimba platform.
Software used in class