Mestrado em Tecnologia Quimica, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
44 ECTS; 2º Ano, Anual, 30,0 TP + 45,0 OT
- Dina Maria Ribeiro Mateus
Basic concepts provided by chemical technology related courses and in-depth knowledge of the technical content of the training.
Students should be able to apply the skills acquired in the Masters programme in real industrial contexts. In addition to promoting the use and integration of course knowledge, students are encouraged to acquire additional skills needed to perform well in their future professions.
Practical component: 1. Introduction; 2. Literature review techniques and project structure 3. Market analysis and production planning 4. Chemical technology project - from block chart to the layout. Tutorial monitoring of student internship periods. Case-to-case discussion of issues related with each individual placement/internship.
The students must submit the internship report and present it before peers. A preliminary presentation or introductory work assignments may be required in compliance with the regulatory provisions of the master's programme.
- Smith, R. (2005). Chemical Process Design and Integration. New York: John Wiley & Sons
- Shaeiwitz, W. e Bailie, R. e Turton, R. (2009). Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes. New York: Prentice-Hall
- Sinnot, R. (1989). Tecnologia Química: Uma Introdução ao Projecto em Tecnologia Química. (Vol. VI). Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
- West, R. e Timmerhaus, K. e Peters, M. (2003). Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers. New York: McGraw-Hill
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical classes to discuss the course topics. Analysis of specific and relevant issues related to each individual placement/internship context.
Software used in class
Work theme specific.