Complements of Transport Phenomena
Mestrado em Tecnologia Quimica, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 15,0 T + 30,0 TP
- Henrique Joaquim de Oliveira Pinho
The students should acquire in-depth knowledge of transport phenomena and be able to apply the concepts of heat and mass transfer in the design of equipment used in chemical technology.
1. Fundamentals of heat transfer; 2. Temperature and heat flow distributions; 3. Turbulent energy flow equations 4. Fundamentals of mass transfer; 5. Concentration and mass flow distributions; 6. Continuity equations for turbulent flows; 7. Analogies and models to predict mass transfer coefficients; 8. Dispersion; 9. Applications.
One or two written tests (70% of final grade; grade greater than 7 points) and one group assignment (30% of final grade; grade greater than 9 points).
- Pinho, H. (2019). Apontamentos de CFT - V. 2019. Tomar: Disponível através de www.e-learning.ipt.pt
- Bird, R. e Stewart, W. e Lightfoot, E. (2002). Transport Phenomena. New York: John Wiley & Sons
- Mateus, D. (2009). Fundamentos de Transferência de Calor. Tomar: Instituto Politécnico de Tonar
Method of interaction
Lectures and demonstrations supported by practical cases. Theoretical and practical sessions focused on problem solving, including a lab work (Mass transfer in gas-liquid system).
Software used in class