Mathematics and Computation
Mestrado em Tecnologia Quimica, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 9183/2020 - 25/09/2020
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP
The students should acquire knowledge in the field of Numerical Methods for Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations as well as Linear Optimization required for modelling and problem solving in several Chemical Technology domains.
1. Ordinary differential equations
2. Systems of linear equations
3. Partial Differential equations
4. Linear programming
Continuous assessment including a computational project. Final written exam.
- Zill, D. (1989). A First Course in Differential Equations with Applications. Kent: PWS-Kent Publishing Company
- Heath, M. (2001). Scientific Computing: an Introductory Survey. New York: McGraw-Hill
- Chapra, S. e Canale, R. (2006). Numerical Methods For Engineers. NY: McGraw-Hill
- Gill, P. e Murray, W. e Wright, M. (1981). Practical Optimization. Cambridge: Academic Press
Method of interaction
Theoretical lectures, with presentation and illustration of the proposed subjects. Theoretical-practical lectures in which exercises are proposed and solved.
Software used in class