Master's Degree in Archaeological Techniques, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho n.º 7701/2016 09/06/2016
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 54,0 TP
The main objectives are (I) Develop territorial knowledge (present and past) develop a project involving cultural landscapes protection, administration of historical landscapes planning and conservation, considering an integrated approach.
1. Climate variations: Causes and research methods;
2. Palaeoenvironments and lifestyles;
3. Men and Environment: Environmental reconstruction of Archaeological sites;
4. The Iberian Peninsola, examples;
5. Plan and prepare a project;
6. Build a matrix;
7. Patrimonial quality and control monitoring systems, HERITY, 1 year of experiences.
Students will have to present 3 written essays. Not achieving the minimum mark of 10 (0-20 scale) students shall sit an exam.
- Burel, F. e Baudry, J. (2004). Landscape Ecology, Concepts, Methods and Applications. (Vol. 1). (pp. 362). Enfield USA: Science publishers
- Wallach, B. (2005). Understanding the cultural landscape. (Vol. 1). (pp. 406). New York - London: Theguilford press
- Plieninger, T. e Bieling, C. (2012). Resilience and the cultural landscape, understanding and managing change in human-shaped environments. (Vol. 1). (pp. 343). Cambridge UK: Cambridge University Press
Method of interaction
1 - Oral presentation of bibliographic research topics; 2 - Written essay; 3 - Field work.
Software used in class