Building Conservation and Regeneration II
Master's degree in Urban Rehabilitation
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 4,0 OT
- Maria de Lurdes Belgas da Costa
On completion of this unit the students should have acquired technical and scientific skills in the field of materials and maintenance, rehabilitation, regeneration and reinforcement techniques.They should also be able to make regeneration proposals and work as part of interdisciplinary teams.
Conservation and rehabilitation techniques: outer walls; inner walls; ceilings, roofs, flat roofs, wall and floor coverings; Spans: outer and inner.Thermal and acoustic rehabilitation of buildings.
Different techniques for special interventions in the regeneration and reinforcement of buildings.
Presentation of practical cases.
Assessment consists of a written test (45%) with minimum pass mark of 9.5/20, an oral presentation (15%) an a final project on regeneration techniques (40%).
- Freitas, V. e Abrantes, V. e APICER, A. (2009). Patorreb 2009. (Vol. I e II). Porto: FEUP
- Mascarenhas, J. e Mascarenhas, J. (2012). Reabilitação Urbana. (Vol. XIII). Lisboa: Livros Horizonte
- Abrantes, V. e Freitas, V. e Carvalho, A. (2006). Patorreb 2006. (Vol. I e II). Porto: FEUP
- Freitas, V. e LNEC, L. (2102). Manual de Apoio à Reabilitação de Edifícios. Porto: Ordem dos Engenheiros
Method of interaction
Lectures. Project and practical case presentation with critical analysis by the students. Practical project works focused on the application of rehabilitation techniques.
Software used in class