Mestrado em Produção de Conteúdos Digitais
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 5,0 OT + 5,0 O
a) Understand the Quality of Service (QoS) parameters for multimedia traffic support.
b) Evaluate the network topologies and technologies for satisfying particular QoS requirements;
c) Understand the admission control and congestion control mechanisms;
d) Be familiar with the support protocols
1. Multimedia networking applications
2. Protocols for real-time interactive applications
3. Scheduling and policing mechanisms.
4. Integrated services and differentiated services
5. Broadcast Schemes for video, Video-on-demand and Content-Based Retrieval in Digital Libraries
6. Wired and wireless networks design to support multimedia services.
Written tests and presentation of individual or group projects.
- Li, Z. e Drew, M. (2005). Fundamentals of Multimedia. London: Pearson Education
- Ohm, J. (2005). Multimedia Communication Technology. New York: Springer International Edition
- F. Kurose, J. e W. Ross, K. (2013). Computer Networking - a top-down approach. -: Pearson Education
- Pereira, F. (2009). Comunicações Audiovisuais: Tecnologias, Normas e Aplicações. Lisboa: IST Press
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical with the support of laboratory equipment, audio-visual tools and practical examples.
Software used in class