Design de edições periódicas
Mestrado em Design Editorial
10 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 90,0 TP + 6,0 OT + 4,0 O
- Elisabete de Jesus Rosado Rolo
Fundamentals of Adobe Indesign
1. Design a magazine and a newspaper attending to the specific needs of its content, legibility and readability flows;
2. Design all the different parts of a magazine and of a newspaper trying to maintain consistency throughout the publication.
1. Magazine formats and suitability to their function; typologies; parts of a magazine; magazine cover design;
2. Newspaper formats and suitability to their function; parts of a newspaper; frontpage design; layout rules.
3. Text and images; not following the rules efficiently.
Continuous and final assessment of projects: 80%. Active participation in class: 20 %. Final grade is the weighted average of both assessment components.
- HARROWER, T. (2007). The Newspaper Design Handbook. USA: McGraw-Hill
- SAMARA, T. (2007). Grid: construção e desconstrução. São Paulo: Cosa Naify
- HELLER, S. (2003). Merz to Emigre. New York: Phaidon Press
- LESLIE, J. (2003). Nuevo diseño de revistas. Barcelona: Editorial Gustavo Gili
Method of interaction
1. Lectures supported by datashow;
2. Mentoring and follow-up of students? article layouts;
3. Graphic design projects of periodicals.
Software used in class