Master's degree in Editorial Design, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 7904/2013 - 18/06/2013
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 O
- Hália Filipa da Costa Santos
To recognise different approaches of Media Discourse (written texts, use of photos, editorial options and ethics).
1. Media Goals and Media Power; the panorama os Mass media; journalism as a profession.
2. Journalistic Written Discourse: editorial guidelines and specificities of each médium
3. The identity of each publication: quality/popular; objetivity and neutrality
4. Photojournalism and Editorial Design: connections between visual elements; relationship between professionals.
5. Different approaches over Media Discourse: ethics and deontology
Continous assessment involves carrying out an individual assignment on one of the topics specified in the syllabus. Work will be presented and discussed in class. Alternatively, they can choose a written test.
Examination and Resit Examination assessment are a written test.
- Kress, G. (2001). Multimodal Discourse. London: Arnold
- Bell, A. (2001). Multimodal Discourse. Oxford: Blackwell
- Charaudeau, P. (2006). Discurso das Mídias. São Paulo: Contexto
- Rebelo, J. (2000). O Discurso do Jornal. Lisboa: Notícias Editorial
Method of interaction
Presentation of the theoretical content supported by datashow resources.
Analysis of academic papers.
Analysis of media outputs.
Organization of class debates.
Presentation and discussion of projects undertaken by students.
Software used in class