Photo Editing and Finishing
Master's degree in Editorial Design
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT + 2,0 O
- Mário Miguel Jesus Carvalho
1 Handle and manipulate images to suit the type of publication and their own technical characteristics;
2 Distinguish quality images aesthetically, functionally and technically;
3 Know how to select the most appropriate images for a publication.
1 Types of images: - a) analysis of different types of images in all kinds of publications; b) Selection of images;
2 Main characteristics of the image for editorial publications: - a)The elements of digital photography; b) Types of image for editorial projects;
3 Editing and finalizing images: - a) Resolution and definition; b) Image correction; c) Image finishing.
In evaluation by frequency: presentation and defense of a work.
Evaluation in exam periods: presentation and defense of a job.
- Harris, P. e Ambrose, G. (2005). Image. Lausanne: AVA Publishing SA
- Kelby, S. (2016). The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers. Berkeley: Peach Pit
- Kelby, S. (2006). The Photoshop Channels Book. Berkeley: Peach Pit
- Hedgecoe, J. (2005). The Book of Photography. Essex: DK Publishing
Method of interaction
1 Lectures supported by datashow;
2 Practical exercises including image treatment and manipulation.
Software used in class
Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw e Adobe Lightroom