Photo Editing and Finishing
Master's degree in Editorial Design
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 TP + 2,0 OT + 2,0 O
- Luis Filipe Cunha Moreira
1 Handle and manipulate images to suit the type of publication and their own technical characteristics;
2 Distinguish quality images aesthetically, functionally and technically;
3 Know how to select the most appropriate images for a publication.
1 Analysis of different types of images in all kinds of publications;
2 The elements of digital photography;
3 Types of image for editorial projects;
4 Resolution and definition;
5 Image correction;
6 Image finishing.
7 Image edition.
Assessment of one project that demonstrates students' learned skills.
- Hedgecoe, J. (2005). The Book of Photography. Essex: DK Publishing
- Kelby, S. (2006). The Photoshop Channels Book. Berkeley: Peach Pit
- Ambrose, G. e Harris, P. (2005). Image. Lausanne: AVA Publishing SA
- Kelby, S. (2016). The Adobe Photoshop CC Book for Digital Photographers. Berkeley: Peach Pit
Method of interaction
1 Lectures supported by datashow;
2 Practical exercises including image treatment and manipulation.
Software used in class
Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw