Master's degree in Editorial Design
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 45,0 TP + 3,0 OT + 3,0 O
- Ana Isabel e Sousa do Carmo
1. Understand the main role of typography in graphic design.
2. Recognise the most important typefaces.
3. Learn how to choose and use typography properly;
4. Design modular fonts.
1. Calligraphy and typography across time;
2. Reading and legibility;
3. Typographic analysis;
4. Typefaces designers;
5. Digital typography and modular typefaces design.
Frequency and Exam evaluation: presentation of two compulsory practical assignments (weight of 60% for the first project and 40% for the second project).
- Haslam, A. e Baines, P. (2002). Type and Typography. Londres: Laurence King Publishing
- Cheng, K. (2006). Designing Type. Londres: Laurence King Publishing
- Bringhurst, R. (1997). The Elements of Typographic Style. Vancouver: Hartley & Marks
- Henestrosa, C. e Meseguer, L. e Scaglione, J. (2012). Como criar tipos: do esboço à tela. Brasil: Estereográfica
Method of interaction
1. Lectures using datashow presentations;
2. Tutorials based on project files with guidance and follow up;
3.Development of typographic design projects.
Software used in class
Adobe Illustrator, FontLab