Master's degree in Prehistoric Archaeology and Rock Art, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 17071/2009 - 23/07/2009
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 7,0 TP + 12,0 TC + 8,0 S
A2 Level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Make the students aware of the need to acquire and improve a set of skills, both at linguistic and sociocultural levels, in English-speaking cultures and be able to use them in a wide range of communicative contexts.
- A World of many Languages;
- Different English-speaking Cultures;
- English in science and science English;
- Academic English.
- Verbal Tenses;
- Countable and Uncountable Nouns;
- Modal Verbs;
- Adjective order;
- Prepositions of place and of time.
- A test on the program contents = 70%;
- Continuous assessment, including exercises and class participation (written and oral components) and attendance = 30%
Students must achieve a minimum grade of 10 (on a scale of 0 to 20) to pass.
- Bailey, S. (2011). Academic writing: A Handbook for International Students. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Londres e Nova Iorque: Routledge
- Murphy, R. (2005). Essential Grammar in Use. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Oxford: OUP
- Potten, H. e Potten, J. (2010). Clockwise. (Vol. --). (pp. -----). Oxford: OUP
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical lessons where the students are asked to do exercises focused on practising and developing the following skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing using proper grammar.
Software used in class