Sistemas de Informação Geográfica
Mestrado em Arqueologia Pré-Histórica a Arte Rupestre
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 2,0 T + 4,0 PL + 4,0 TP + 24,0 S
- Rita Ribeiro de Carvalho Ferreira Anastácio
The students should be able to apply GIS systems in archaeology and herity.
Definition of GIS
Origin and evolution of GIS
Applications to Archaeology
Reference systems and projections
Geo-referenced sites / objects
Spatial analysis and data management
Theoretical and practical examination (open book).
- Aronoff, S. (1989). Geographic Information Systems: a management perspective.. (Vol. I). Ottawa, Canada: WDL Publications
- Longley, P. e Goodchild, M. e Maguire, D. e Rhind, D. (2015). Geographic information science and systems. (Vol. I). USA: Wiley
- Wheatley, D. e Gillings, M. (2002). Spatial Technology and Archaeology: The Archaeological Applications of GIS. (Vol. I). London: Taylor Francis
- Conolly, J. e Lake, M. (2006). Geographical Information Systems in Archaeology. (Vol. I). Cambridge: Cambridge Manuals in Archaeology
Method of interaction
The unit is essentially practical lab. The concepts of GIS and its applications to archeology and cultural heritage will be addressed. The adopted teaching methodology includes an important component of practical application.
Software used in class