Master's degree in Prehistoric Archaeology and Rock Art, Publication in the Diário da República - Despacho nº 17071/2009 - 23/07/2009
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, Anual, 7,0 TP + 12,0 TC + 8,0 S
- Luís Manuel Mota dos Santos Figueira
The students should acquire instrumental skills (cognitive, methodological, technological and terminological),interpersonal skills (group interaction and cooperation) and systemic skills (comprehension, sensitivity and general and specific knowledge of subject matters) in ethnoarchaeology.
Ethnoarchaeology: general considerations
The anthropological context and the ecological environment as key factors in the ethnoarchaeological analysis.
The problem of reconstruction and reconstitution as an archaeological issue: the role of ethnography and interpretive considerations.
The ethnoarchaeological process: models of analysis and project structure.
Final assessmentof the work carried out (theoretical and practical)
Final exam. A mark of 10/20 exempts students from taking the exam.
- Candau, J. (2001). Ethnoarchaeology in Action. Cambridge: Cambridge World Archaeology
- Dias, J. (1998). Mémoire et Identité. Paris: PUF
- VV, A. (1990). Estudos de Antropologia. Lisboa: Imprensa Nacional ? Casa da Moeda
- Vinson, I. (2003). Antropología y Património: Investigación, Documentación e Intervención. Granada: IAPH
Method of interaction
Theoretical and practical classes.
Software used in class
Word processor and others for each work situation.