Digital Capture Systems
4 ECTS; 2º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL + 5,0 OT
- Miguel Duarte Antunes da Silva Jorge
The students should be able to identify and discriminate between the different image capture systems, i.e. analogue and digital cameras.
Describe and compare digital DSLR cameras, 35mm and medium-size analogue cameras.
Continuous assessment and reports. Individual project. Theoretical and practical exam.
- Steinhoff, S. (2009). Scanning Negatives and Slides: Digitizing Your Photographic Archives. (pp. 1-256). Richmond : Rocky Nook
- Ctein, C. (2010). Restoration from Start to Finish: How to repair old and damaged photographs. (pp. 1-448). Mishawaka: Focal Press
- Kennedy, J. (0). Digitally Archive and Share Historical Photographs, Documents, and Audio Recordings. Acedido em 19 de fevereiro de 2017 em http://archivehistory.jeksite.org/index.htm
- Koren, N. (0). Scanners. Acedido em 19 de fevereiro de 2017 em http://www.normankoren.com/scanners.html
Method of interaction
Studio and digital lab classes.
Software used in class