Electronic Engineering Laboratories
Electronics and Computer Engineering
3 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 28,0 TP + 5,0 OT
- Jorge Manuel Correia Guilherme
- José Filipe Correia Fernandes
- Paulo Manuel Machado Coelho
- Francisco José Alexandre Nunes
- Carlos Alberto Farinha Ferreira
- Ana Cristina Barata Pires Lopes
To provide the students with basic introductory and motivating knowledge in the main areas of the Electronic and Computer Engineering course.
Seminars and laboratory experiments in the following areas:
1-Using the oscilloscope and signal generator;
2-Introduction to electronic technology and applications;
3-Introduction to industrial automation and robotics.
4-Conversion of Energy/Electrical Machines; Simulation of the electrical network; Speed variation;
5-Basic principles of electrotechnology;
Applications of Electrical Engineering;
6 - Introduction to control and intelligent systems.
Ongoing assessment including a 20-30 minute test at the end of each lesson or a module of 2 lessons.
Passing mark is 9.5/20 and exempts students from examination.
Two examination seasons for those who failed to achieve a pass in ongoing assessment.
- Peatman, J. (2003). Embedded Design with PIC 18F452 Microcontrolers. Amazon: Prentice Hall
- Jones, J. (1999). Mobile Robots: Inspiration to Implementation. Amazon: A.K. Peters, Ltd
- Maciel, N. (2015). Eu e a Física 10 - 10.º Ano - Manual . Educação 2015: Porto Editora
- Ogata, . (2002). Modern Control Engineering.. Amazon: Prentice Hall
- Coelho, P. (0). Controlo e Sistemas Inteligentes: - Robótica Móvel. Acedido em 5 de setembro de 2018 em https://doctrino.ipt.pt/pluginfile.php/30126/mod_resource/content/1/LEE_aula_11_PauloCoelho.pdf
Method of interaction
Lectures, practical exercises and lab experiments.
Software used in class