Masonry and Wood Structures
4 ECTS; 3º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 PL
- Cristina Margarida Rodrigues Costa
Students should become familiar with the common construction techniques in resistant masonry, timber roofs and pavements; acquire the skills to apply previous knowledge of structural engineering and applicable regulations for the design of these structures.
Masonry and wood structures: types and performance of structural systems; buildings of resistant masonry with rigid and flexible pavements; materials properties; design for ultimate limit states; global stability of masonry structures; structural connections; serviceability limit states; constructive details; composite wood-concrete floors.
Assessment consists of a written test (80% of the final mark) of a theoretical-practical nature worth 20 grade points, with the minimum pass mark of 9 grade points, and a practical assignment worth 20 grade points (20% of the final mark).
- Vários Autores, . Regulamentos: RSA, EC1, EC5, EC6 e EC8.. -: Várias
- Lourenço, P. Manual de Dimensionamento Estrutural.. : APICER
- Faria, A. e Negrão, J. (2009). Projecto de Estruturas de Madeira. : Publindústria
- Ogden, R. e Henley, R. (1996). Connections between steel and other materials. Berkshire, UK: SCI
Method of interaction
Theoretical-practical lessons include presentation of theoretical considerations and discussion of practical issues. Practical lessons include tasks such as analysis and dimensioning of real-world examples.
Software used in class