Mestrado em Manutenção de Instalações Técnicas
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 1º Semestre, 30,0 T + 15,0 TP + 4,0 OT
On completion of this unit students should understand the key concepts on Tribology including surface topography, wear, solid-solid interaction, lubrication, lubricants and lubrication regimes.
They should also understand the various types of surfaces and their characteristics.
1. INTRODUCTION TO SURFACE ENGINEERING
2. SOLID SURFACES
3. CONTACT MECHANICS
6. RHEOLOGY AND LUBRICATION
7. SURFACE TREATMENT
Assessment will include:
Mid-term tests, final exam and re-sits: written test/exam (50%) and coursework (50%).
Both components are compulsory.
- Shigley, J. (2004). MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DESIGN. :
- Neale, M. (1993). A TRIBOLOGY HANDBOOK. : SAE/Butterworth
- Davim, J. (2011). TRIBOLOGY FOR ENGINEERS: A PRACTICAL GUIDE. : Woodhead Publishing
- Silva, F. (1995). TRIBOLOGIA. : Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
Method of interaction
Subject content will be taught through lectures. Topics will be presented with practical and simple examples and exercises in order that students consolidate the concepts.
Software used in class