Technical Drawing II
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 15,0 T + 45,0 PL + 3,50 OT
- Bruno Miguel Santana Chaparro
Previous kowledge of geometric solid projections, cuts and sections and axonometric perspectives.
To enable students to 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD). Advanced dimensioning: dimensional and geometrical tolerances, fittings, surface finish. Machine elements drawings.
1. Dimensional tolerances and surface finish
ISO Dimensional tolerance standards
Control of dimensional fittings
Surface finishing quality
2. Geometric tolerances
Geometrical vs Dimensional Tolerances
Geometrical tolerance symbology
Using geometrical tolerances in practice
3. Technical drawing of welded joints.
Using welding symbols in practice
4. Machine components.
5. Advanced application in CAD
Mechanical components data bases
Students will be assessed through, frequency examination: two theoretical-practical exams (weigth 60%) and individual works performed during the semester (weight 40%);normal and recursive examination: theoretical-practical exams
- Costa, A. (2016). Projecto 3D em SolidWorks. (Vol. 1). Lisboa: FCA Editora
- Morais, S. (2006). Desenho Técnico Básico. (Vol. 3). Porto: Porto Editora
- Silva, A. e Tavares Ribeiro, C. e Dias, J. e Sousa, L. (2004). Desenho Técnico Modernos. Lisboa: LIDEL
Method of interaction
After the exposure moments of the theoretical concepts, several practical exercises in CAD will be solved. The SolidWorks® software will be used as a tool to apply the theoretical concepts and to solve practical exercises.
Software used in class