Análise Matemática II
6 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP + 4,50 OT
- Maria Helena Morgado Monteiro
Develop the skills of students to interpret data, formulate and solve problems that occur in engineering and relate to:
a) Representation of functions by series and calculate approximate values;
b) The differentiation of functions;
c) The integral of functions with two or three variables.
1.Series: series of numbers and functions.
2.Differential calculus in Rn - partial derivatives; differentiability; maxima, minima and saddle points, Lagrange´s multipliers.
3.Multiple integrals ? definition, properties, evaluation and applications of the double integral and the triple integral.
Mid-term assessment: three tests (0-20, with a minimum of 5 points);
Final assessment: written exam (0-20 points).
Students pass if they obtain a minimum grade of 10 points (out of a 0-20 scale).
- Larson, R. e Hostetler, R. e Edwards, B. (2006). Cálculo. (Vol. 2). São Paulo: McGraw-Hill
- Stewart, J. (2002). Cálculo. (Vol. 2). São Paulo: Pioneira Thomson Learning
- Costa, J. e Breda, A. (1996). Cálculo com funções de várias variáveis. Lisboa: McGraw-Hill
- Monteiro, H. (2016). Apontamentos de Análise Matemática II. Abrantes: ESTA
Method of interaction
Presentation of the theoretical contents. Worksheets solved in class under the teacher's supervision.
Software used in class