Human Resources Management
TeSP - Produção de Atividades para o Turismo Cultural
5 ECTS; 1º Ano, 2º Semestre, 30,0 T + 30,0 TP
Students should understand:
- The place and role of HRM in the context of corporate development;
- The importance of administrative and Labor Law in human resources;
- The importance of the strategic human resources in the study of behavioural variables.
The role of HRM and its importance in organizations.
Analysis of the different factors at the level of HRM.
The articulation of the HRM practices with the company strategy.
Administrative management and legal framework.
Analysis and description of functions.
The performance evaluation.
The organization and planning of careers.
Recruitment and selection of staff.
The importance of studying Organizational Behavior.
Organizational Processes: Design, Structures and Design.
Effectiveness in Organizations.
Individual Differences and Behavior at Work.
Motivation and Satisfaction at Work.
Group Behavior and Work Teams.
Power, Control and Conflict.
The Uncertainty of Specific Environments.
The Organizational Communication.
Multicultural Management: The manager of human resources and multiculturalism: attitudes and values to take into account. Understand the trends of our time and their impact on management.
Presentation and defense of Case Studies.
Continuous assessment: attendance and group work. They are approved and exempted from examination students whose score is less than 10 in the frequency and also obtain at least 10 points in group work.
Final assessment: Exam.
- Lopes, A. e Martins, A. (2012). Capital Intelectual e Gestão Estratégica de Recursos Humanos. Lisboa: Editora RH
- Hughes, C. (2015). Managing Human Resource Development Programs. UK: Palgrave Macmillan
- Cunha, M. e Rego, A. (2010). Manual de Gestão de Pessoas e do Capital Humano. Lisboa: Edições Sílabo
- Guerra, P. e Rodrigues, J. e Câmara, P. (2013). Humanator XXI. Lisboa: Editor D. Quixote
Method of interaction
This course focuses mainly on the study of practical cases enabling a better understanding of theoretical concepts and provides the students with skills to solve practical problems in a creative manner.
Software used in class